Face to Face Health and Counseling is a non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the needs of youth ages 11–24. We offer health care, counseling, and programs for homeless youth. The Registered Nurse provides coordination of patient care to assure quality care, effective safety practices, and efficient services. The primary role of the position is to provide direct nursing support and coordinate the OB Program.
Provides all services guided by the evidence-based principles for helping youth overcome homelessness.
- Identify patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with patients.
- Triage phone calls and walk-in appointments.
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promote patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; and answering questions.
- Provide non-directive, factually accurate, and un-biased information and education.
- Assure quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following nursing philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Dispense and administer medications and immunizations as indicated and/or requested by providers.
- Assist providers with patient follow-up and post-appointment referrals.
- Develop and improve processes and systems in order to improve efficiency and patient care.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Resolve patient problems and needs by utilizing team strategies.
- Ensure a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
OB Program Coordination
- Serve as the main point of contact for OB Program and OB team.
- Coordinate OB clinic flow with nurse, providers, case managers, and clinic support staff.
- Manage follow-up care and referrals for OB clients.
- Triage phone calls from OB patients.
- Respond to medical records requests for OB patients.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires working under stress in emergency situations.
- Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
- Requires manual dexterity and coordination sufficient to operate a copier, calculator, telephone, scales, thermometer, and sphygmomanometer; to administer oral and IM medications.
- Responsibilities may involve occasional lifting of equipment/supplies, usually less than 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform the duties outlined in the job description. Appropriate accommodations for physical demands will be made for individuals with disabilities.
- Associate, Diploma, or Bachelor's degree in nursing.
- Current licensure to practice as a RN in the state of Minnesota.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Minnesota Nurse Practice Act and the Scope of Ambulatory Care Nursing.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS-HCP) course completion card from the American Heart Association is required prior to date of hire.
- One year of experience relevant to the position with OB-GYN experience preferred.
- Proven ability to work sensitively and effectively with diverse populations, particularly youth.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with electronic health records.
This position is full-time and requires availability during all hours of operation.
Face to Face offers benefits which include health, dental, disability and life insurance as well as generous PTO and holidays.
Face to Face is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.