Agency Data Specialist
Face to Face Health and Counseling is a non-profit organization dedicated to meeting the needs of youth ages 11–24. We offer health care, counseling, and programs for homeless youth. This position is responsible for managing Face to Face’s data and data systems, including our case management and electronic health record systems. This position is the primary point of contact for ensuring data integrity and providing staff with the information necessary to improve programming, meet grant requirements, and create funding proposals. This position is 20 hours a week.
- Perform regular and timely data entry in agency databases;
- Provide day-to-day management of agency database, including data clean-up, resolving system issues, and implementing required changes;
- Exporting and importing data in agency databases;
- Creating regular reports for agency staff on program outcomes and demographics;
- Provide statistics and other required information for all agency reporting requirements and funding requests;
- Develop data-related processes and systems to increase efficiency, reduce workload, and ensure data integrity;
- Collaborate with program staff to design ways of tracking new data as needed;
- Train direct service staff in the collection of data and data entry processes and ensuring accurate data collection across the agency;
- Create training and resources for leadership and other staff to empower them in accessing agency-wide data;
- Working with the HMIS Specialist to ensure data transfer from internal systems to HMIS;
- Working with Electronic Health Records Consultant to manage NextGen medical database and ensure information transfer between data systems;
- Attend funder meetings related to data and assist Face to Face in meeting funder data requirements;
- Develop competence in all Face to Face data management systems;
- Provides all services guided by the evidence-based principles for helping youth overcome homelessness; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working with data management systems (Apricot preferred);
- Experience with Electronic Health Records preferred;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to manage time well, prioritize efficiently and meet competing deadlines;
- Flexibility to respond to changing priorities;
- Personable and able to work well with direct services staff to improve data collection processes;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise judgment over the treatment of sensitive issues; and
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with people of diverse ethnic, economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to perform the duties outlined in the job description.
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities typical of an office environment.
- Ability to work at a desk for several hours at a time.
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Appropriate accommodations for physical demands will be made for individuals with disabilities.
Face to Face offers part-time employees benefits which include short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, 403b account as well as generous PTO and paid holidays.
Face to Face is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.